WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DROPPING OFF MY CHILD AT PLAY2DAY AND HIRING A NANNY TO TAKE MY KIDS TO A CLASS OR A PLAYSPACE?
Hiring a nanny or babysitter comes with the stress of scheduling, ensuring your needs match up with someone else’s availability, and finding someone who is willing to babysit for 1-2 hours last minute. At Play2Day, we are open 7 days a week and have completely flexible scheduling with no minimum commitment. You can schedule a massage last minute and just drop your child off without the hassle of hiring a nanny or sitter ahead of time. The classes and activities are always included in the price of care, so you can be sure your child is engaged and learning throughout their visit.
IS THERE A TIME LIMIT FOR LEAVING MY CHILD IN YOUR CARE?
Yes, by law, the maximum amount of time a child can be at Play2Day is 3 hours. There will be a fine if your child is not picked up promptly after this amount of time.
CAN I RUN TO TARGET WHILE MY CHILD IS AT PLAY2DAY?
Play2Day is able to provide our flexible childcare services providing the parents remain on the premises of Lincoln Common throughout the entirety of their children’s visit at Play2Day. Remaining on-premises is required by law and enables us to best meet your on-demand needs. Luckily, Lincoln Common has a plethora of activities so you can meet your friend for coffee, get a massage, grab lunch, work out, etc. all while your child is taken care of by our amazing staff.
WHAT AGES DO YOU WELCOME PLAY2DAY?
Children are welcome from 2 months and up until the day they turn 6 years old.
DO I HAVE TO PRE-REGISTER?
No, although it is highly recommended for a quick drop-off. You can register HERE.
ARE YOUR STAFF CPR CERTIFIED?
Yes! All staff are CPR/AED and First Aid certified by the Red Cross. All staff also have cleared a background check and are passionate about working with children.
DO YOU EVER CLOSE EARLY?
Yes. If there are not children scheduled during the last two hours of our day, we may close early. For closings related to severe or inclement weather, please check our website, Facebook, or Instagram for updates.
WHAT IS YOUR SICK CHILD POLICY?
For the safety of others, we DO NOT accept ill children. Per our Caregiver Handbook, caregivers should keep the child home if they have any of the following:
- Fever of 100 degrees or more
- Undiagnosed skin rash other than a localized diaper rash
- Earache, sore throat, frequent cough, red or watery eyes, excessive nasal discharge, yellowish skin or eyes, or evidence of lice
- Diarrhea or vomiting
Play2Day has the right to refuse admittance to any child who exhibits signs of the above symptoms.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH MY CHILD?
- Socks are required- No-slip socks are recommended, but regular socks are acceptable.
- A cup with water for children, clearly labeled with the child’s name.
- Diapers and wipes, if applicable
- Clearly labeled bottle with formula or breastmilk for the infant (we have a refrigerator and a bottle warmer if needed)
- For infants and potty training children- please bring an extra set of clothes.
SHOULD NOT BRING:
- Any meals or snacks, especially containing NUTS
- Personal toys and items from home. We understand that sometimes the little ones need a lovey or special stuffed animal- they are welcome to bring it- but please know that Play2Day is not responsible for any items lost or broken.
- Electronic devices (if brought, will be kept in the child’s cubby for the duration of their visit)